At one point in November I put the "snap and go" double stroller up into our storage loft in the garage. This is the stroller that can accommodate both Britax car seats. Its the stroller I used on my 10 week leave last January-March to get out of the house and into the "real world." When Melanie's mother graciously stayed for a few months to care for the boys when we returned to work, I would come home after school to find Mom in the driveway sitting on the front stoop, rocking the stroller back and forth with the boys, often asleep from their recent walks around the cul-de-sac with their Nana. As I put the stroller up I thought of taking a picture of it folded up and put away. I could have blogged many of these thoughts then, but so much has changed even from November!
The other night Mel and I thumbed through pics on the iPad from their first few months. Holy Moly! It was really fun to look back at times when you could lay them down, walk away and know where they would stay. Ha! They're clothes were loose and they were "Premie" sized! They're look has changed, but you still see some of the same looks and features so noticeable today. The reality is, they are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter.
The boys know where their hair is, where their eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, hands, feet, fingers, ... ... ... are. They blow kisses to Carley (everybody's favorite nanny) when she is leaving each day, and can scoot down the stairs backwards on their own. The know how to blink on command (not sure when they will ever need to be able to do that, but they can do it), climb to new heights (namely the black leather bench that used to block the fireplace), and are enjoying many new foods/treats (sometimes with Melanie's thumbs on the 9 and 1 of her phone I think.) But the reality is, they are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter.
When we arrived back from NY, we struggled to get them in their car seats. Granted they had their winter coats on, but the reality is, they are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter. We have since switched out their car seats to the next size up, and soon the car seats will join the stroller up in the storage loft (once the weather gets out of the single digits and I actually want to spend time in the garage.)
Here is some visual evidence that Cooper is actually bigger now than they day he came home from the hospital. The second picture was taken the same day as his last ride in the same car seat.
![]() | ![]() |


No comments:
Post a Comment