3.08.2010

Intent

Yesterday, our twins turned five months old. I have meaning to get a blog started since before that. I came across a lot of parents postings as I was searching for nursery design ideas. That's what I did for some time after learning the news. That's what the husband/soon to be daddy does. I would come across these sites and think how cool it is to have a running timeline captured in one spot. This was also a plan of mine as my wife and I live in Colorado, about 1500 miles away from our parents (NY). What a great way to keep close family aware of how things are going.

This leads me to the title of this blog.

The "look mom" part: When back home for Christmas in '08, my mom picked my 2009 new years resolution-- "call your mother more." she even conceded "i'll even take a text." I think a did a little better in '09 but then in Feb 2010, my mom sent me a card for my birthday "a son's 10 commandments." it was one of those fold out ones, set her back $3.69, nice. Commandment #7 reads "Thou shalt WRITE or CALL home or DROP BY so thou mayest keep parents in the loop." Hallmark actually capitalized those too. But my mother went one step further and underlined the "WRITE or CALL" part.

twice.

I thought I had been better. i guess not. so this blog is 1st and foremost for my mother.

the "one hand" part: i don't care how many baby swings, bouncie seats, pack n plays, boppies, bumpo things you have, babies like to be held. i spent most of the nfl season checking fantasy football stats and scores holding one of our sleeping babies in my left arm. sometimes i would have my feet up on the coffee table and the other one was propped on my legs. I have even been known to hit the refresh button with my toe, so as not to disturb their sleep. absurd, i know. especially since two of my three teams that were for money didnt do very well. (I won the "just 4 fun" league. whoopdedo.) anyways, most of the posts will be short. maybe a pic or 2 (they are twins after all) accompanied by a caption or a quick story. hopefully some vids, once I learn how to capture them from our new HD camcorder. punctuation will be spotty. most, like this initial post, will be accomplished with one hand.

I will do my best to get some older pics uploaded from the last 5 months. i have a few in mind I want to be sure to use. by the way, twins ARE twice the fun, but they are EIGHT times the work. So I guess, i am ahead of pace in getting this started. be patient with me as I want to BE a dad and not just blog about being a dad.

my hope is that someday, the boys will be old enough the view this, and possibly will be able to. probably on some form of technology not even thought of yet, after enjoying their lunch in pill form. maybe before they put on their jetpacks and head off to virtual practice or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment